| Sortieren nach: Datum - neue zuerst | Datum - alte zuerst | Bewertung | ||||||
| ||||||
Sorry, I don't get your point in comparing AutoRouter with a PIREP database. AutoRouter is a service, that some of us used to pay for in the past, and - I can't judge - probably for a less attractive service. When I add a route to AutoRouter, nobody but me takes a profit, just Achim pays some microcents for CPU and RAM, and is generous enough not to insist on me paying them back. AutoRouter makes authority information available to the public. One might ask Achim: "Please make that all OpenSource - and - keep on supporting it". But thats a bit of communism: Food for free is not enough, it's wrong that you built a farm and insist on owning what you created... What AutoRouter has nothing to do with is: user generated content. Having done a probably also great piece of software, you now ask us to contribute user generated content - because an empty PIREP database is useless. And all what Sven, I and others are telling is: Please make our input available under one of the famious licences like Creative Commons etc. - all that stuff well known by WikiPedia, and make your software a WikiPedia for Pilots, because this is what is really missing. I also don't get the point regarding nationalistic aspects. What I tried to express is, that one limit of EDDH is that non-german users / contributors must feel themselves as guests, and this is a severe functional deficit of EDDH. P.S. @Stefan: As you see: Sven and I are talking about licences: So purely the domain of these bloody law people, not our real programmers world. :-) | ||||||
Beitrag vom Autor gelöscht | ||||||
AutoRouter hat nie etwas gekostet Nein, aber der Service "IFR-Routenplanung" ist bei den zuvor meist genutzten Konkurrenzprodukten (Rocketroute, EuroFPL, Blitzplan, ...) kostenpflichtig. | ||||||
PuF Forum -> free, Danke Jan! Autorouter -> free, Danke Achim! Der Telegram Bot ist mMn das Beste Luftfahrt Tool überhaupt! euroga (inkl. Airport Database) -> free, Danke Peter! Ich glaub nicht dass Peter's Vorstellung seines Database Projekts hier im Forum als "Konkurrenz" gesehen werden sollte. Ich seh es auch nicht als seine Aufgabe alle vorhandenen Tools zu vereinen. Das wäre eher was für AOPA, aber dafür müsste man erstmal europäisch denken lernen.
| ||||||
Niemand hat die Aufgabe etwas zu vereinen. Es war eine muntere Diskussion um Strategien, um die Frage "weitere Karteileiche" oder "coolste GA Datenbank". Was wirklich damit geschehen wird kann niemand vorhersehen. In 5 Jahren wissen wir mehr. ;) | ||||||
| ||||||
Die PUF wird moderiert, sonst würde sie sich - wie jedes andere Forum auch - füllen mit
English original: PUF is moderated otherwise - like every other forum - it would fill up with - advertisements for fake passports - advertisements for fake IELTS (international English language) certificates - pornography - defamatory material which would get the publisher sued - other material specifically illegal in Germany That is the reality of modern internet. So an "unmoderated" forum is a myth, propagated for marketing reasons. Every forum must have a moderator watching it more or less continuously. On the airport database, and in the forum, we would not allow defamatory material and personal attacks. The guidelines are published and are very simple. It would be surprising to see the ability to beat up other people regarded as "freedom". | ||||||
Well, moderation versus unmoderated is another aspect, like OpenSource versus Closed Source. However, both is not the topic of Sven and me. Our point is about the licence of user generated content (our input) in your database, and the wish to enter it under an open, copy-permitting licence. | ||||||
Peter, you did not answer Georg's argument that autorouter ist not user provided content, whilst your product is. Why? Well - because there is no counterargument. Right? Else, if you were to assume that Achim at one point might go commercial, because as you alleged he must have invested 100 k €/ quid/ SDR or whatever, what are your plans with the PIREP database? Generate content to sell ads? Put behind a paywall? Solicit a one time fee from IAOPA or or some other logical choice? Turn it into a foundation to leave a GA legacy? I am curious. And since you won't answer yet the first qestion, I suppose you won't provide transparency here either. Right? | ||||||
one point might go commercial he is.
| ||||||
Du meinst wegen der Werbeeinnahmen? | ||||||
500 Berichte erreicht. Danke an alle für Ihre Beiträge :) Dies hilft den europäischen Piloten wirklich, einen guten Nutzen aus dem Fliegen zu ziehen. | ||||||
Happy new year, Peter. So going back to Aug 1st, 2020, can you finally elaborate why you won't share the content for free with others? "Try asking all the other database owners out there what they think of sharing their content :)" No, since you suggested it, I shall ask you first. You dodge around it perpetually. Provide a cohesive answer, and you might get plenty more than a measly 500 reports (just comparing to EDDH, I don't have any ambition to become a competitor ;-), a promise you can take to the bank). | ||||||
Dear Peter, thanks for your activities with Euro GA, and sorry for some of the Teutonic, arrogant comments in this forum. As we all know the people who are expecting to get all by delivering nothing have the biggest loudspeekers. We need more with your attitude to help European GA for the future. Hopefully I can enjoi one of the next flyouts Kikity in Poland 2017 was phantastic! Thanke and best regards Andreas | ||||||
Moin moin Albrecht - auch wenn ich reagiere, fühle ich mich nicht angesprochen: Mit Peter habe ich exakt ein Problem, die Unaufrichtigkeit, dass er bei einem freundlichen Mitbewerber (Youfly) das Forum für Werbung gebraucht und dann bei der Frage, was er geschäftlich und inhaltlich mit "user created content" vorhat, auf den Betreiber des hiesigen Forums verweist. Mir ist vollkommen klar, wieviel Herzblut so etwas quase unentgeltlich erfordert, Konkurrenz belebt auch das Geschäft, und wenn es die Verbände (beispielsweise) nicht besser hinbekommen, ist privates Engagement sowas von willkommen... Aber: Nicht die Unaufrichtigkeit, auf andere zu verweisen, statt selbst mal Rede & Antwort zu stehen. Nette Gegenbeispiele? Die Leistungen, die hier Wolfgang, Justus und Sebastian leisten, mit komplett unterschiedlichen Hintergründen. Das wird aber nicht erwartet, auch nicht von Peter. Von Peter wird erwartet, dass er nicht auf andere verweist sondern diese schlichte Frage beantwortet. Und da bleibe ich dann halt beharrlich. Das ist nicht arrogant, sondern den Finger in eine Wunde legend. Die ihm voll und ganz bewusst ist. Sven | ||||||
Peter, thanks for this, it’s a good database and growing, and hopefully it will be kept up to date by users. Don’t mind the Waldorf/Statner attitude by some of the users here. Nothing to write home about.
| ||||||
Beitrag vom Autor gelöscht
| ||||||
Frohes neues Jahr Sven :)
Happy new year Sven :) We have been asked by a number of people doing various aviation projects if we could develop an API so they could access the data and present it in their software. So far, we have replied that it has taken a lot of work to get the project to the present level and we will see how it goes. I also suggested they contact EDDH.DE. Then they always tell me they have already done that and were told NO which is why they are asking EuroGA :) So, please dear Sven, stop demanding that our project https://airports.euroga.org gives away the data which all the pilots contributed with some effort, when your own German domestic database does not! I think some people need to do more flying, so let's all hope we are back in the air soon! Maybe see you at Aero Friedrichshafen, though I will be amazed if it gets run, in April. | ||||||
Wir wurden von einer Reihe von Leuten, die verschiedene Luftfahrtprojekte durchführen, gefragt, ob wir eine API entwickeln könnten, damit sie auf die Daten zugreifen und sie in ihrer Software darstellen können. ....und habt Ihr das API fertig? | ||||||
So, please dear Sven, stop demanding that our project https://airports.euroga.org gives away the data which all the pilots contributed with some effort, when your own German domestic database does not! I never did that, not once. You suggested I ask the other providers why they don't do that, and I asked you to explain why you didn't provide that answer first. Yourself. Without that suggestion, we wouldn't even have this conversation. But since you brought up the question, thou shalt simply answer it yourself. I am not in touch with any other provider. But you keep reappearing here, magically. Or for some higher calling. But you write on the the forum and deflect a question to others. Sorry, this isn't Tory politics or demagoguery, so if you have some honesty left in the tank and no double standard, simply answer your own question. With an honest answer I simply won't comment and fill up your project with current reports. It's user provided content, you know, after all. And why would I bother to line someone else's pockets or ego (even for a common beneficial cause) if that person treats his own customers or contributors with this arrogance. Give the answer, and don't deflect it. Else, as you mighth have discovered, I'll continue to point this out. Since August 1st, 2020, at 21.50 :-). Try asking all the other database owners out there what they think of sharing their content :) Nah. I ask you, since you brought it up. Write a paragraph with some content, and I'm happy. I think some people need to do more flying, so let's all hope we are back in the air soon! Maybe see you at Aero Friedrichshafen, though I will be amazed if it gets run, in April. Agreed on that. They could not find another date later in the year, I am told, all blocked with their normal rhythm. Quite a pity. | ||||||
Hello everyone! I’ve not entirely read all comments in this thread in depth, but rather skimmed a bit. I don’t want to engage in the discussion, I just like to hint on my project, which is free to use for everybody and I’m open to discuss “data sharing” models with other platforms if they do make sense for all parties. My platform is intended for worldwide use and serves the niche to provide fuel prices. So, it’s not an airport directory like eddh or other mentioned services, but partially based on user input as well. It is online for a year now and has collected over 8000 individual fuel price data points mostly in Germany and Europe, but as said, is intended to be used worldwide. The somewhat unique feature is a map view that lets you compare fuel prices conveniently along your route of flight. Other such databases, which serve the US market only, lack that feature. I’m constantly adding new features to the platform and listen to suggestions from the community. Anyway, if you want, have a look at www.av-fuel.com As mentioned, I’m open to cooperations with other platform, if it makes sense for everybody. Best, Marco | ||||||
Too small letters. I can’t read the map prices on my iPad mini. | ||||||
�� interesting. Others say I should make the letters smaller. I may add an option where everyone can scale the letters to their individual needs. Thanks for your feedback!
| ||||||
Absolutely perfect project, very easy and good readable. This is a real good overview, I lovve it. Thanks for doing this. Hopefully the data will be kept actual. | ||||||
Awsome!! | ||||||
| ||||||
|
Home Impressum |
© 2004-2026 Airwork Press GmbH. Alle Rechte vorbehalten.
Vervielfältigung nur mit Genehmigung der Airwork Press GmbH.
Die Nutzung des Pilot und Flugzeug Internet-Forums unterliegt den allgemeinen Nutzungsbedingungen (hier). Es gelten unsere Datenschutzerklärung unsere Allgemeinen Geschäftsbedingungen (hier).
Kartendaten: © OpenStreetMap-Mitwirkende, SRTM | Kartendarstellung: © OpenTopoMap (CC-BY-SA) Hub Version 14.30.02
Zur normalen Ansicht wechseln |
Seitenanfang |